This is my go-to chocolate cake recipe. It is originally my Mom’s recipe that I have since altered to make gluten free. Very quick, easy,and fool proof. It will also send the most amazing aroma throughout your home when you start to make it! Enjoy!
5 Tbsp Cocoa
½ Cup Vegetable Oil (Canola)
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Water
2 Cups Gluten Free AP Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Sea Salt
½ Cup Buttermilk
2 Cups Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add the butter, cocoa, water, and oil to a pot. Bring to a quick boil, then decrease the heat, stirring until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another separate bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add the sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla to the flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Slowly add in the cocoa mixture, stirring to combine.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.