I have struggled with gluten free banana muffin/bread recipes in the past. I have had everything from dense to doughy, bland to flavorful. I finally found a great recipe for muffins and after a few modifications, I am happy to report that I have a winner! I added chia seeds, applesauce, and olive oil to up the health factor. These ingredients also pair nicely with gluten free flour to give that desired texture. Vanilla extract and agave help with the flavor profile and then a little cinnamon to literally spice things up! The texture is amazing and they have that perfect crunchy top with moist interior. If only I had chocolate chips to add…next time! Hope you enjoy!!
2 Cups Gluten Free AP Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Chia Seeds
3 Bananas, peeled and mashed
½ Cup Applesauce, natural and unsweetened
½ Cup Agave
¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2½ tsp Vanilla
- Use extra olive oil to oil the muffin pan, or use papers.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large, separate bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium, separate bowl, whisk together the bananas, apple sauce, agave, olive oil, vanilla, and chia seeds.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold together.
- Fill the muffin pan ¾ of the way and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.