Halloween. The start of the holiday season and all things pumpkin (with chocolate chips). Tested out a new recipe today for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Chewy, flavorful, egg free, and I love the addition of molasses. Hope you enjoy them!
½ (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, melted
½ Cup Pumpkin Puree (Trader Joes cans are my favorite!)
½ Granulated Sugar
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
1 TBS Molasses
1½ tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Gluten Free AP Flour
½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Allspice
½ tsp Cloves
½ tsp Nutmeg
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Sea Salt
1 Cup Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for about 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin puree, sugars, molasses, and vanilla. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Add the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, lightly flatten into hockey puck like disks.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until set on top.