When I was in college at UCSB (Santa Barbara, CA), I babysat this family and their mom would always send me home with the most delicious zucchini bread to share with my roommates. I lived with 7 girls. I don’t think ANY of them ever got a chance to try that bread because it never made it home or out of my sight! I haven’t had zucchini bread since college and every summer I crave it as well as crave a trip to Santa Barbara. In memory of all that, I made chocolate chip zucchini muffins, gluten free style. The recipe is very easy and simple. The result is an extremely flavorful (spices & vanilla) as well as moist muffin. I suppose they are a bit healthy too with the olive oil and zucchini additions. Hope you enjoy them!
½ Cup Brown Sugar
½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup Zucchini, grated (1 large or 1½ small zucchinis)
2 tsp Vanilla
1½ Cups Gluten Free AP Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Nutmeg
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven to 425°F. Prep a muffin pan with liners, or a thin application of olive oil on the sides and bottom of each muffin segment.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and zucchini until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, gently mixing to combine. Add the chocolate chips.
- Fill the prepared muffin pan ¾ of the way with batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until set at the top and golden brown. Let rest for 15 minutes before digging in!