So we have ourselves another National Food Holiday! Today is National Fudge Day! In honor of the day, I decided to make chocolatey/fudgey gluten free raspberry olive oil brownies. I love baking with olive oil, it adds such nice texture and complexity to the flavor (click here for another olive oil baking recipe: Olive Oil Carrot Bread). Hope you enjoy this next round of baking with olive oil and of course a wonderful gluten free brownie recipe to keep in your back pocket!
⅓ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped or chips
¾ Cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
½ Cup Gluten Free AP Flour
1 tsp Sea Salt
3 TBS Cocoa Powder
8 ounces Frozen Raspberries (optional)
1 TBS Granulated Sugar (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil and chocolate, heating over medium heat until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and brown sugar until smooth and combined.
- Add 1 TBS of the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, whisking to combine. Then add the remaining chocolate mixture in two rounds. Whisk together until smooth.
- Sift in the salt, flour, and cocoa powder into the egg and chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth and combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries, leaving a few for the garnish on top if desired.
- Fill the prepared pan evenly with the batter, placing the leftover raspberries for garnish on the top and sprinkle the entire top with a light dusting of granulated sugar.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the sides and top of the brownies and set and firm. The sides will start to pull away from the pan a bit.