Stone fruits are my absolute favorite and today I decided to use the white nectarines and apricots I had in a gluten free stone fruit crisp. The recipe is very simple and also very fun to play around with in terms of different stone fruits, different spices, and whether you prefer vanilla extract, almond extract, or both. My recipe does include nuts, but those too can be omitted! This is the perfect quick summer treat and great for barbecues or summer picnics. I bake mine in an 8″ round stone dish and sometimes I just grab a fork and start eating, slicing is overrated! Hope you enjoy!!
4 White Nectarines, sliced
6 Apricots, sliced
½ Cup + 2 TBS Unsalted Butter, softened
¾ Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
½ Cup + 1 TBS Gluten Free AP Flour
¼ Cup Pecans or Walnuts (optional), chopped
½ Cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Cardamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 TBS Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter an 8 inch round casserole dish.
- Place the sliced nectarines and apricots in a separate bowl. Add 1 tsp vanilla, 1 TBS flour, and maple syrup. Stir together until combined and the fruit is coated. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the oats, remaining ½ cup flour, remaining 1 tsp vanilla, salt, cardamon, nutmeg, nuts, and brown sugar.
- Add the softened butter to the flour and oat mixture, mixing together until small clumps form.
- Place the fruit mixture into your prepared pan, evenly.
- Place 3-4 small slices of butter on top of the fruit mixture.
- Cover with the dry ingredients (the crisp) and bake for 30 minutes, or until the crisp is golden brown.