I have yet to conquer the perfect gluten free donut, so instead I am celebrating National Donut Day with the next best thing – Gluten Free Donut Muffins! This recipe is VERY simple and the texture and taste is that of a cinnamon sugar cake donut. Hope you enjoy!!
1 Cup Brown Sugar
½ Cup (1 stick) of Unsalted Butter, melted
1 tsp Nutmeg
1½ tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 Cup Almond Milk
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 Cups Gluten Free AP Flour
Cinnamon Sugar & Melted Butter for the coating once muffins are out of the oven
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly butter a muffin pan.
- Whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until combined.
- Add the nutmeg, almond milk, and vanilla to the butter mixture, whisking to combine.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into the butter mixture, whisking to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until light golden brown and set to the touch.
- Let muffins cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Brush the tops and sides of the muffins with melted butter. Dust or roll in cinnamon sugar blend.