This is quite possibly my new favorite pancake recipe! I had leftover ricotta cheese from the Lemon Ricotta Cake I made last week (recipe here) and decided to make some fluffy gluten free ricotta buttermilk pancakes! I ate the whole stack pictured below! This recipe is beyond simple and they turn out wonderfully fluffy and flavorful! Top your pancakes with powdered sugar and fresh fruit. Happy Hump Day!
1 Egg, egg white only
¾ Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Gluten Free AP Flour
1 TBS Brown Sugar
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Sea Salt
2 TBS Butter, melted
- Beat the egg whites with a handheld electric mixer or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ricotta, buttermilk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Add the flour, baking soda, brown sugar, and salt to the ricotta mixture, whisking to combine.
- Stir a small spoonful of the egg whites into the pancake batter to lighten the batter, then gently fold in the remaining whites with a spatula in two instances.
- Heat a nonstick pan or skillet to medium and lightly coat the bottom of the pan with butter or vegetable oil. Pour in batter, either 1/3 cup or if you want larger cupcakes, increase your pour.
- Flip the pancakes once the surface is covered with tiny air bubbles. Once flipped, the pancakes will cook faster on the opposite side. Remove from the pan as soon as they lift on their own and aren’t sticking.