This recipe is perfect for a change on the traditional banana bread. It uses coconut oil and has very little sugar. Hope you enjoy!! I may try making this again and add chocolate chips!
½ Cup Coconut Oil
¾ Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Almond Extract
1½ Cups Gluten Free AP Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Sea Salt
½ Cup Greek Yogurt (plain)
½ Cup Coconut, shredded and sweetened, plus more for garnish
3 Ripe Bananas, smashed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas, sugar, greek yogurt, and coconut oil.
- Add the vanilla extract, almond extract, and eggs to the banana mixture (above), whisking to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, whisking to combine.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Spread evenly into the pan and garnish with coconut. Lightly cover the top with a piece of tinfoil so the coconut doesn’t burn, but don’t seal down the sides so the bread has room to rise.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until the bread springs back to the touch and is firm at the top, golden brown on the sides.