Gluten Free Oatmeal Buttermilk Muffins
1 Cup Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Gluten Free AP Flour
½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
½ tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Nutmeg
½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
¾ Cup Walnuts, chopped
- Combine the oats and buttermilk to soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Because there is VERY little fat in these muffins they may stick to muffin liners. I usually make these without liners and will oil the muffin pan instead.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the oatmeal mixture, applesauce, eggs, vanilla, and chopped nuts, mixing until combined.
- Fill each muffin well 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 minutes.