Can’t go wrong with coffee and chocolate! You might even get away with eating this for breakfast.
¾ Cup + 3 Tablespoons Gluten Free AP Flour
6 Tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Cup Strong Brewed Coffee, cooled (I prefer any Peet’s Dark Roast)
¾ Cup Greek Yogurt
1½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 ¾ Cups coarsely chopped 60-70% Dark Chocolate
½ Cup + 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cubed and at room temperature
1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Sugar
½ teaspoon Sea Salt
Powdered Sugar for topping (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, and Baking Soda in a separate bowl.
- Mix together the Coffee, Greek Yogurt, and Vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Melt ¾ Cup of the Chocolate, slowly over a double-broiler. Once melted, remove the pan from the heat, but leave the chocolate in the double broiler to keep warm.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix together the Sugar and Butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the Eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated, scraping the sides as needed.
- Add the flour mixture at low speed, mixing until incorporated, scraping the sides as needed.
- Manually fold in the Melted Chocolate and the remaining 1 Cup of Unmelted Chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and make for 55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely, dust with Powdered Sugar (optional) and Enjoy!!