I found this recipe in the Huckleberry cookbook and adjusted to make them gluten free. I love the contrast of the vanilla with the raspberries. The muffins are very light and flavorful! Enjoy!
Makes 12 Muffins
1 1/4 Cup Gluten Free AP Flour
2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Cup Sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cubed & at room temperature
3 Egg Yolks
2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
3 Tablespoons Buttermilk
1 1/2 Cups Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- Sift both flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the sifted mixture flour mixture, sugar, and butter until it starts coming together.
- Slowly poor in the egg and egg yolks, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Gently fold the berries into the batter by hand.
- Fill the paper liners 3/4 full with batter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until the muffins just barely spring back to touch (about 18 minutes).